I had a personal Facebook profile and a Fan Page for my personal brand (business.) The video above explains why I chose to do what I did but in a nutshell I converted my personal profile to a page and did not lose any follower or friends. This is how I did it. I also read this article which was very helpful.The Pros
- I no longer have an infinite amount of stuff on the news feed!
- I no longer get a massive number of inbox messages, although some of those messages from people interested in Advocare.
- There is no easy way to be part of the 3 groups I desire to be part of. So I created a super sterile personal profile and joined back into those groups.
- There is no way to interact with the people I want to without having a personal profile and being friends with the people I want to interact with.
- There is no way to "tag" people from posts on my Fan Page.
The big win in this whole experience has been this: I made a monstrous change......and the world didn't end. Which means there will be more monstrous changes coming :)